The Florrie is a beautifully restored Grade II listed Victorian building of intricate terracotta brickwork. It was built in 1889 by Sir Bernard Hall a West Indies merchant, Alderman and former Mayor of Liverpool. He built the Florence Institute in memory of his daughter Florence who tragically passed away at the age of 22.
The Florrie Liverpool was originally built as a boys club to provide education, welfare and recreational activities to children in the local area. It is now undergoing a grand restoration project in order to be turned into a Heritage Resource Centre.
Visit www.theflorrie.org/ for more information.
Image by: Rodhullandemu