The earliest recorded instance of a Jewish congregation in Liverpool was in 1753. A synagogue was mentioned in Cumberland Street, unfortunately there is no real detailed surviving account of the original community which grew into the thriving one of today. The first Grade 1 listed synagogue outside London, the Liverpool Old Hebrew Congregation’s Princes Road Synagogue was built in 1874 with a spectacular interior. Probably Europe’s finest example of the Moorish Revival or Saracenic style of synagogue architecture. Guided talks outline the architecture, the history of the building and of the local Jewish community and include a demonstration of the artefacts and their place in Religious traditions.