The “Phil” which opened its wrought iron gated doors in 1898 is a beautiful example of a landmark pub. One of the many public houses in Liverpool commissioned by Robert Cains. The building has an Art Nouveau exterior, rounded bar, mosaic floors, dark wood panelling and rooms named after composers. The Philharmonic Dining Rooms as it stands opposite the Philharmonic Hall. Of particular note are the mosaics and marble urinals of the gentleman’s toilet, which ladies can visit on an organised tour!
Visit the Philharmonic Dining Rooms website for more information.
36 Hope Street, Liverpool, L1 9BX Tel: 0151 707 2837